Are you ready to take your riding to a whole new level?
TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic (ARC) is an intensive course that teaches High Performance Street Riding Techniques based on the best selling book TOTAL CONTROL written was established by motorcycle industry expert Lee Parks.
This advanced riding clinic has been taught throughout the US since 1999 and is a proven system that has been creating proficient street and track riders for over 12 years and is now available in southern Ontario through SHARP RIDER Motorcycle Training.
It teaches the proper control of ANY on-road motorcycle regardless of displacement, size or power. All types of riding are covered whether you own a cruiser, tourer, sport touring or sportbike. (some of our 2012 students)
Do you ever make any of the following mistakes when you corner?
- Lean the bike too much and scrap hard parts
- Initiate your turn too early or pick the wrong turn point
- Stay in a lean longer than you need too
The TOTAL CONTROL ARC is for you if…
- Ever dropped your bike or had a very scary experience and would like to build
- your confidence back.
- You are physically and mentally tired after riding twisty roads for long periods of
- You are a new rider and are now comfortable and want to learn safe habits before
- you develop dangerous habits.
- You’ve been riding for decades and think you’ve seen it all but know that
technology has improved and wonder if there are any new techniques that could
improve your overall riding experience.
A motorcycle is designed to work perfectly without you on it. Unfortunately a lot of accidents are caused by rider error – they either panicked, “freaked out” or target fixated. TOTAL CONTROL ARC is the only program that combines its physical techniques with its exclusive mental training. It is here that riders learn to overcome fear on a motorcycle, how to maintain optimum concentration as well as have the right attitude to make proper decisions before it’s too late.
How It Works
Part of the reason for the program’s success is the dynamic classroom training, which includes both theory and application of the Total Control ARC techniques. By including a basic analysis of vehicular dynamics, riders get a clear understanding of how their actions affect their bikes. For instance, in the suspension portion of the class, riders learn how to analyze the effectiveness of their suspension and how to set it up for maximum control and comfort.
The range portion of the training is done in a large parking lot or skidpad where each of the skills are individually broken down and practiced. Working on only one skill at a time is the fastest way to make consistent riding improvements. The beauty of doing it this way is that the student is never asked to make a huge “leap of faith” in any one area. Each skill is built up in small two-mph increments until the desired result is achieved. This allows for high confidence and never gets too scary. In fact, cornering speeds never go above 25 mph. While this may seem slow, in a tight enough corner, 25 is very, very fast. Combined with a strategic “building block” formula for integrating the individual skills into a complete riding package, the Total Control ARC enables riders to learn faster and easier than ever before. Equally important, all the Total Control ARC skills are taught with their direct applications for street riding. After all, knowing how to do something is of little value if you don’t understand when and where to use it.
The Total Control ARC’s Promises
The Total Control ARC is committed to making you a better and safer rider and in doing so makes these promises:
- Specific, measurable improvement in your riding. No matter what skill level you are now, the Total Control ARC will make a recognizable difference in your ability to control your bike.
- Better understanding of how your bike works. How what you do affects your bike’s ability to maintain traction and control
- The ability to self-diagnose riding problems in the future. While it’s great to be able to ride better in front of a skilled coach, it’s equally important to be able to coach yourself when you detect a riding problem in the future. There are enough support materials in our package to help make sure you won’t forget what you learned during your training.
- High teacher-to-student ratio. Each class is divided in groups with never more than six students per instructor for lots of individual attention and support.
- Friendly, professional service. The Total Control ARC instructors are highly trained and carefully handpicked for their teaching abilities and friendly dispositions. Your experience at the Total Control ARC will be a positive one.