Skills Day is a day for students to get a chance practice the skills that they learned during Level 1 and/or Level 2 with trained Instructors to give immediate feedback and coach the students to fine-tune their riding skills.
This is done on the Range only (no classroom components) in 2 – ½ Day segments – one 4-hour session the in the morning and another 4-hour session in the afternoon. Sharp Rider Motorcycle Training will provide you with a safe and controlled environment so that you can continue to push outside your comfort zone and continue to sharpen your riding skills.
The first days are held in the spring. This is to help you get back into the swing of things after that long dreaded winter we have to deal with. The last skills day is held in the fall to give you the chance to ride the season and get the tips and feedback from the instructors toward the end of the season. Each day is broken into 2 sessions as outlined below. Cost of the course is $75.00 per session.
The sessions will be as follows:
Morning Session 8:00-12:00
- 8:00-8:30 Trail braking in a straight line
- 8:30-9:45 Vision and Turn Points (head turn)
- 9:45-10:00 Break
- 10:00-10:30 Body Position refresher
- 10:30-12:00 Circle, Oval and Transition (figure 8)
- 30 minutes on each and rotate
Afternoon Session 1:00-5:00
- 1:00-1:30 Trail braking in a straight line (+Level 2 -Up Shift/Down Shift)
- 1:30-2:45 Vision and Turn Points (head turn) (+Level 2 – Maximum Braking)
- 2:45-3:00 Break
- 3:00-3:30 Body Position refresher
- 3:30-5:00 Circle, Oval and Transition (figure 8)
- 30 minutes on each and rotate (+Level 2 – Trail braking in a corner)
We are limited to 12 people per session so it’s first come first served.
All courses are held at the Hershey Centre, 5500 Rose Cherry Pl, Mississauga. Conveniently located in the 401/410/403 area.